The Fire Prevention Bureau is an important component of the Broadview Fire Department’s team effort to protect the citizens of Broadview against bodily harm, the loss of life and property through its enforcement of the various adopted Fire Codes and ordinances.
Fire Inspector, Martin Scafidi, works directly with Broadview Fire Chief, Tracy Kenny, along with the Broadview Building department and other village officials to focus on our mission of Public Safety. We accomplish this by working with business owners and the citizens of Broadview to;
• To protect the citizens and firefighters through consistent and professional enforcement of Fire and Life Safety codes
• Be knowledgeable of laws, codes and ordinance intended to ensure Fire Prevention and public safety
• Educate and train business owners and the public on preventative measures
• Provide timely information to Officers and Fire Fighters about hazards located in Village of Broadview
• Investigate public complaints received about concerns reported to the Fire Prevention Bureau by the public
• Work together to investigate causes of Fires and incidents that result in serious injury, loss of life or property damage
• Conduct inspections of commercial properties for occupancy, life safety, hazardous operation, and acceptance testing of fire protection systems
• Review submitted plans for compliance to Life Safety Codes, Fire Codes and State and Local laws
• Partner with our local hospitals, Loyola, Hines and Madden to provide our expert services
• To better serve our community, updating, modernizing, local codes and ordinances to better fulfill intended purpose of “Life Safety”
Our mission for the Fire Prevention Bureau is to improve the quality of life for the Broadview community thru risk assessment, code enforcement, investigation and public education. We can only succeed with cooperation of citizens, business owners and highly motivated and educated members of the Broadview Fire department.
Any Questions or inquiries please contact the Broadview Fire Prevention Bureau by phone, 708-343-6124 or email [email protected].