The Illinois Youth Investment Program (IYIP) will run through June 30, 2022.
Benefits for Youth Participants Include:
- Full and part-time paid job placements
- Case management services to include life skills, counseling and work readiness training.
- Educational enhancement opportunities.
This holistic approach will account for the youth’s physical, emotional, social, and mental health needs while helping them to secure and sustain employment and/or achieve higher education ensuring a greater likelihood of success and self-sufficiency. The purpose of this effort is to foster healthy, safe, well-educated, and self-sufficient transition-age youth in Illinois.
- Youth must be between the ages of 16-24.
- Both in-school youth and out-of-school youth can participate. As part of this program, out-of-school that have not earned their GED (or High School Equivalency) will be required to re-engage in earning their Diploma or GED.
- Youth must have at least one risk factor that may make it hard for them to get or keep a job.
- Youth must be an Illinois resident.
- Youth will be required to complete an I9 Form.
If you are interested in this program, you can apply online.